Wednesday was the 4th of July in the United States
It was a time for a celebration of our independence and for our freedom. But has our freedom really been won?
Here are some uncomfortable truths:
- African Americans, Puerto Rican Americans and Native Americans have the highest rates of incarceration in the United States.
- People of color are still facing high rates of police violence
- Migrants are being imprisoned on entry to the United States
- The United States was named in the top 10 most dangerous countries to be a woman.
We can’t have real freedom without sexual freedom
I believe that we can’t have real freedom without sexual freedom.
In 2010, the Woodhull Freedom Foundation published a report on the State of Sexual Freedom in the United States. It’s a long read, but it explains why sexual freedom is a fundamental human right and why sexual rights are human rights.
Sexual freedom is where everyone is given equal rights, no matter what their sexual orientation, gender identity, sexual expression, physical ability, sex or pregnancy status. Sexual freedom is where comprehensive reproductive health care is available and accessible to everyone, regardless of ethnicity, financial circumstances, gender, location, religious beliefs, physical ability or orientation.
It’s giving comprehensive, evidence-based sex education to all ages so that teens and young people can make informed choices about their bodies. It’s being free from persecution based on your sexual orientation, gender identity or sexual expression. It’s embracing that sex is PLEASURABLE, and giving pleasure-based sex education so that our sexual experiences can be not just enjoyable, but consensual.
Sexual Freedom starts with you
While we must continue to fight for sexual freedom on a civic and public level, we need to start with ourselves first.
- On a personal level, how free do you feel as a sexual being?
- Do you feel comfortable with you goddess-given, beautiful body?
- Do you like your genitals?
- Are you able to own your most secret desires and fantasies without shame?
If you’re still a prisoner of your own sexual shame, then how are you really free?
Your freedom starts with freeing yourself from your limiting beliefs about your body.
Freeing your body using delicious Tantric techniques and dancing.
Freeing your sexual energy to circulate around your body so that you feel your desire for life.
Freeing your spirit from the sexual shame that has been passed down through the generations so that you can dance freely with your sexuality.
Let me help you to free your sexuality and contact me to discuss how we can work together.